The Senior HR/IHL Officer is a full-time member of the NDC team working on the Human Rights Fund Program. The post requires high-level expertise in all aspects of projects/programs management as well as expert knowledge of the human rights and international humanitarian law sector in the context of the oPt.
• Overall NDC Management Role: Assists in developing and implementing NDC policies, procedures and systems. Undertake any duties requested by the NDC Director. Participate in different committees and studies related to his/her work.
• Plan: Recommends department long-range plans designed to meet NDC goals; accomplish work within the approved budget and plan.
• Organize: Maintains necessary communication and ensure good relations with appropriate external bodies and other departments. Ensure availability and make most efficient use of human resources, supplies and equipment.
• Control: Monitors the performance of the partner CSOs, ensuring the quality of work and conformance with standards, rules and regulations. Prepares and presents progress and analytical reports as needed.
• Serve as the focal person within the overall management of the Human Rights Fund Program, working closely and in coordination with the NDC team, the donor, the partner CSOs, as well as represent a valuable resource in the field of human rights and relaed policy matters.
• Develop detailed periodic activity plans and budgets as required.
• Ensure the flow of information and adequate communication between grant recipient CSOs and NDC; providing recipient CSOs with information and guidance regarding the program implementation, its policies and procedures.
• Communicate the Core Funding application process to the community and CSOs including the eligibility criteria and the guidelines.
• Carry out the appraisal/assessment of applications for grants submitted by CSOs and engage with the assessment team in making recommendations to the Technical Assessment Committee (TAC).
• Monitor grant implementation and ensure adherence to overall program objectives, CSOs’ strategic plans, work plans, budgets, planned outputs and outcomes, etc.
• In coordination with the Finance Manager, monitor budget allocations, track programs expenditures and process payments to CSOs in accordance with the agreed upon terms of the signed agreements with the partner CSOs.
• Initiate meetings and forums for networking, coordination, sharing of experiences and advocacy among HR/IHL CSOs and attend the different events that are carried out by the partner CSOs.
• Identify coordination initiatives and issues and actions among CSOs and other stakeholders in the HR/IHL sector to be taken up in policy dialogue discussions.
• Actively particiapte in quarterly and annual techncial and policy dialogue meetings, prepare all required dicuments, record meeting minutes and follow up on actions with regular updates.
• Review and approves grants recipients reports, and periodic reports identifying achievements, problems faced and proposed solutions.
• Prepare periodic progress reports, in coordination with the other team members, in addition to the preparation of the end of phase report, in line with the agreed formats.
• Attend and participate in periodic program meetings with the NDC team to discuss general implementation plans and progress, and share experiences and lessons learnt.
• Engage external consultants as necessary, prepare Terms of Reference and manage the consultancy assignmnets and the consultants engaged.
• Prepare concept notes/position papers to respond to emerging needs in the HR/IHL sector and provide conceptual forward planning as required.
• Assume any other related activities as requested by the Director.
• M.A. or equivalent in human rights, law, social studies, development, or related fields.
• Expert knowledge of the HR/IHL sector in the oPt.
• Particular experience working with programs related to HR/IHL CSOs.
• Proven record in effectively coordinating programs of similar nature.
• Excellent facilitation skills, project management, monitoring, supervision and provision of technical assistance.
• Ability to coordinate and follow up multiple projects.
• Strong communication and writing skills in Arabic and English.
• Advanced computer skills
• Valid driving license.