Job Vacancy Announcement
Post Title : Information and Communication Officer
Reports to : NDC Director
Location : NDC Main Office - Al Ram
Established in 2006 as an independent non-profit nongovernmental organization, the NGO Development Center (NDC) provides financial and technical support to CSOs through its various programs and grant-making schemes.
The Information and Communication Officer will work closely with the programs team to generate and maintain the programs information and communication needs.
The Information and Communication Officer will provide both strategic and administrative support in order to augment the visibility of NDC and it’s programs and projects. They will utilize the information from program reporting and reportsfrom the field to prepare high quality informative media products on programs status and impact, including success stories, information sheets, regular deliverable reports, research reports, and ad hoc reports on how program implementation and status is responsive to particular issues. They will work under the supervision of the NDC Director.
- Focal point for NDC information and communication needs.
- Provide strategic direction and develop and implement a communication strategy that serves to augment NDC’s visibility.
- Write, draft, edit, and translate media materials, articles, program reports nad other publications related to NDC’s work in Arabic and English.
- Write, edit, and post new web content, and update the related website and social media accounts.
- In coordination with the programs team, finalize periodic reports and the NDC annual report in Arabic and English.
- Participate in program-related missions and meetings and document them in a very professional manner for follow up.
- Produce concept notes for new programs and information sheets in a timely a manner.
- Review and finalize all NDC publications and provide inputs to the programs team.
- Report programs status and impact to a number of audiences and through a variety of formats, including presentations and speeches.
- Coordinate NDC reporting requirements, media monitoring, provide substantial inputs to Program team in writing of periodic reports and updates.
- Provide regular mentorship and guidance to field staff to ensure quality reporting;
- Review quality of all English reports prior to release.
- Translate reports and project documents from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities as requested.
- Suggest innovative approaches in program reporting both in terms of approach and delivery.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in related work in reporting on program implementation and results.
- Must have native-level writing skills in English and fluency in Arabic.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in literature, journalism, media, political analysis, human rights or a related field.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in deadline driven, program implementation reporting environment.
- Experience working with a similar organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for communications and management information systems.
- Knowledge of donor contracts and grant regulations.
- Research and analytical writing skills and relationship building with minimal supervision.
- Relevant computer skills and experience with the use of software such as MS Office and other data management systems.
- Access to Jerusalem.
How to apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with a curriculum vitae to [email protected] no later than Wednesday 28, September, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted