CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Invitation to Submit Project Proposals
East Jerusalem Identity and Resilience Support Program AJIR+
Large Infrastructure Investments for Education & Culture
The NGO Development Center (NDC) announces the availability of funding to Palestinian civil society organisations (CSOs) through a call for proposals under AJIR+ programme.
The call for proposals is dedicated to large infrastructure investments developed by CSOs and aims at supporting youth and children through improved educational and cultural facilities. Duration of the selected projects shall not exceed 3 years. Designed with the overarching goal of contributing to the full emancipation of Palestinian youth, this call for proposals aims at providing funding to finance construction or renovation works in order to remove material constraints, which prevent the development of quality education and cultural provisions and infrastructures (lack of classrooms, poor premises conditions, etc.).
CSOs have to apply individually to receive grants under the call for proposals. Each CSO is allowed to submit only one project proposal. Applicant CSOs must fulfill all of the following eligibility criteria:
- CSO is Palestinian, non-governmental, non-profit and non-partisan organization; or a faith-based organization that provides social services to the public;
- CSO has been registered for at least three years under the competent authority by the date of submission of the proposal and is able to provide evidence of legal registration;
- CSO must have a local operating office (headquarters) in East Jerusalem;
- CSO submitted individually one subproject proposal only;
- The CSO has an operational bank account from an accredited bank and evidence has been provided.
- The subproject activities targets East Jerusalem ;
- The proposed subproject targets the education and culture sectors;.
- Subproject duration cannot exceed 3 years;
- Subprojects shall not involve a negative economic change or impact and population displacement.
- The funding ceiling per subproject is EUR 1.5 million while the minimum threshold is EUR 500,000;
- The subproject budget per year shall not represent more than seventy percent of the CSO annual resources over the last three accounting periods;
- For construction and infrastructure works, subprojects must have received (at the time of submission of the proposal) all necessary approvals from the competent authorities.
Kindly review the “Guidelines for Submission” for more information on the eligibility criteria and submission requirements. CSOs interested in applying may pick up the proposal package from NDC office at the address listed below, or may request to receive the proposal package by sending an email to: [email protected]
NDC Main Office:
Abu Sbeih Building
Ramallah- Jerusalem Road/ Al Ram
Tel : 02-2347771 Fax: 02- 2347776
Working hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Monday through Thursday and Saturday)
Submission Date: The proposals shall be submitted in hard and soft copies to NDC’s office. The deadline for submission is on Monday 04/12/2023 at 2:00 pm. Proposal submitted via fax or email will not be accepted.
Note: The application deadline has been extended until Tuesday 2/1/2024 at 2:00 pm.